Should I make a business TikTok?TikTok is a great way to communicate with existing customers and to reach out to potential customers. You can now post videos on TikTok that lasts up to 10 minutes, giving users more freedom to post longer content. If anything it’s a great way to engage with and build relationships with other businesses in the same industry. There is a huge opportunity for brands to be creative and have some fun on the platform, building relationships along the way. Consider your business goals. Is one to increase sales? TikTok in-app shopping feature can help you do so. It is crucial to keep up to date with consumer shopping trends and TikTok has become one of them. It may be considered a platform that is used by young people but many older users are now jumping onto the platform. Have a look to see if your competitors are on TikTok. If they are then take a look at the type of content they are posting for inspiration. Switching to a business account offers many benefits. TikTok for business offers businesses more insights and tools than a standard account including the ability to create ads. TikTok allows brands to show their creative side and essentially helps to showcase the personality behind a brand. With the help of infeed ads you can increase traffic to your website. This is great if one of your company’s KPIs is to increase traffic to your website. If you don’t currently have time to make TikTok videos we would still recommend downloading the app and creating a profile. This way you can start engaging with other users by liking and commenting on their videos. You may even pick up some ideas!
Ideas for videos:
- Viral dances
- TikTok challenges
- Mini vlogs
- Answering customer questions
- Videos based on trending hashtags
- Educational video
- Lip syncing famous/trending audio
- Unique content to your business e.g behind the scenes
How to get your business on TikTok
- Do your research. Keep up to date with the latest trends but also come up with new out the box ideas to stay relevant on the platform. Be quick to jump on the latest trends to give your content the best opportunity to be seen. Scroll through the fyp page to pick up on popular trends. Whilst it is good to jump on trends it is also beneficial to be the first to do something. People like to see new concepts and something new can attract the attention of a lot of users.
- Post consistently. The more you post the more users will recognise your brand, making them more inclined to see what you have to say. Consistency also helps to build up credibility. Try not to lose the attention of your followers by not posting regularly.
- Engage with users. When users comment on your video respond to them. Give the comment a like and engage with users through the comments section. This is a great way to build a rapport with customers and potential customers. Have a look at how your competitors and industry influences respond/engage with their followers. Don’t forget to also comment on other peoples videos. This can drive a lot of traffic to your account.
- Don’t post for the sake of posting. Although it is important to post regularly, make sure the content you are posting is relevant to your target audience. Tailor your content to the platform rather than posting the same content across all social platforms. You should also consider the TikToks aspect ratio. 9:16 videos are the best for easy viewing. So try to film your videos vertically rather than horizontal.
- Ensure your videos are of high quality. This doesn’t mean you have to use a professional camera, but simply a high definition smartphone camera. Posting content that is not of high quality can reflect badly on you as a brand. It can also stop the video featuring on users for you page (where they will view the majority of videos on the platform) by the TikTok algorithm.
- Most importantly, have fun! Have fun with making videos and watching like minded videos on the platform. Don’t get too disheartened if your first video hasn’t gone viral. Keep experimenting with what works and what does not. It only takes one video to go viral. Experiment with different tools so you become more familiar with what the social platform offers. This may even give you some ideas for videos. Don’t forget to let everyone on your other social platforms know that you have made a TikTok account and to follow your account.